Subject: catfood insects
Location: North central Florida
March 27, 2016 5:52 am
Hi, lately I’ve noticed some kind of insect or something around the catfood bowl. They arrange around a solitary piece of catfood in a flower petal fashion. At first I thought some type of silverfish, but these don’t have any noticeable antennae or feet. I thought they must move extremely slowly, but recently I noticed some move. They appear to gather around a piece of wayward dry catfood for days. When I first saw them, they were completely around a piece of catfood and it looked like (from a distance) a plastic flower or something, so I picked one of them up. They almost cotton-like to the touch. Any ideas?
Signature: //Dan

Case Bearing Moth Larvae eating cat food.

Dear Dan,
We are amazed that the organized manner in which these Case Bearing Moth larvae are eating cat food.

Location: Florida

One Response to Case Bearing Moth Larvae eat Catfood

1. Elizabeth Lyles says:

I have what looks like small gnats that attack my cats canned food if any is left in the dish. And there seem to be a few in the house flying around. What can I do to get rid of the?