Subject: HELP!!!
Location: Canton, OH
February 24, 2016 11:59 am
I have now found 2 piles of these mysterious seeds in various piles of clothing. I cannot for the life of me figure out exactly what it is and how they appeared. They’re mostly flat, semi-shiny, light to medium brown, and slightly pointed at one end. I’ve google searched to my whits end but absolutely nothing looks like these….flax seed-looking…droppings? I have NO idea but a few days after I found this pile, the entire pile was gone. GONE. As in disappeared. I’m not kidding!! Help!
Signature: Scared and Alone In Home

Rodent's Seed Stash

Rodent’s Seed Stash

Dear Scared and Alone in Home,
Though we cannot tell you what kind of seeds you found, we are very confident that they were put there by a rodent.  Mice will frequently gather seeds and provision them indoors where conditions are comfortable, but where food is scarce.  We have several postings of Poke Seeds found indoors, but your seeds are different.

Location: Canton, Ohio

7 Responses to Rodent’s Seed Stash

1. Erika says:

That looks like flaxseed

2. Jp says:

Dear Sacred and home alone. I just found the same thing in my home. It was LARGE pile. I’m trying to Google to see what they are and I came across your post.. did you ever find out what they were??? Thanks in advance

• Jenn says:

Hello, I found the same seeds and after googling and searching my room for bugs for weeks, I finally found one of my theraputic neck wraps had a hole in it! The hole thing was full of these seeds. Maybe you have something with a hole in it?

3. Bobby says:

I have been going through the same thing…..OMG swept them all up to fine the next week there were much more this is driving me crazy were are they coming from help….

4. S Grace says:

Tonight my daughter found a pile of something that looked exactly like this in her closet. Did you all find a rodent or the source? I am a bit grossed out right now

5. Joey says:

I found a pile like this on my bathroom floor!!! Please post if anyone figures out what it is