Subject: I’m not sure what type of bug this is
Location: Albuquerque NM
Acouple of days ago I lift the door open while letting in some cool air, and I didn’t really pay attention and make sure no bugs came in. Then just recently I noticed this bug and I think it looks like a cockroach, it has antennas and has 3 legs on each side with patterns on the back.
Signature: Thanks for the help in advance

Mesquite Borer

Mesquite Borer

This is not a Cockroach.  It is a Mesquite Borer, Placosternus difficilis, a beetle in the Longhorned Borer Beetle family Cerambycidae.  According to BugGuide:  “Larval hosts: Prosopis, Acacia, Pithecellobium, Platanus, Citrus, Leucaena” and “Adults are active day and night, running rapidly along freshly cut branches of their host plants and feeding on the blossoms of Koeberlinia, Acacia, Baccharis, Bumelia, Clematis, and Solidago.”  BugGuide also notes:  “Adults come to lights and bait.”  So, we surmise that either you had firewood from one of the host plants in your house and this beetle emerged from the wood after metamorphosis, or you have at least one host plant growing in your yard or nearby and that the beetle was attracted to the light emanating from the open window.

Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico