Subject: Biting ghost
Location: NC
We have been being stung by what looks like hair. Even our dogs have red spots on them. They are also getting a lot of ear problems. I find a lot of what looks like leaf litter on the floors and it always has hair with it. The last picture I had to get it off my dogs eye one morning. I almost looked like some kind of slug with a soft shell. I wonder if something is using the leaf as a hiding place.
Signature: Lost in the woods

"Hair Bug"

“Hair Bug”

Dear Lost in the woods,
Much like your previous submission, we cannot recognize any life form in your images.  This looks like debris picked up from the floor.  We cannot help you but you may benefit from the network of sufferers who share parasite information in our comment section.  For the record, we do not endorse any methods described in comments.

"Hair Bug"

“Hair Bug”

"Hair Bug"

“Hair Bug”

Location: North Carolina

14 Responses to Stinging Hairs from the Woods of North Carolina

1. Lisa says:

Look I have been bit by something and I need to know what it is. it starts as a white round or worm like object. it bores into my skin then turns black. turns into a diamond shape object with black lines. if one of the line come off it grows and turns into a black long oval bug with two feelers on top. I believe that either the bugs are growing out of the feelers or the feeler drops off and turns into another bug. Help.

2. Jessie says:

Did anyone find relief or a cure? I’ve found the same thing in my home and in my skin. I think its some type if fly larva or beetle. Tried everything .

3. Tara says:

I’m dealing with the exact same thing I’m Texas and everyone thinks I’m crazy!!

4. Need2know says:

my family lives in north Florida, right at Georgia line. we r having the same problem. Along with a few more odd things that are new to us. An the same thing is going on at my neighbors house, they moved in just after we did. this is all new to us since our families moved here. we are steady trying to find out what they are and what is causing it. we are starting to think it may have something to do with the water. Does anyone else having these problem have well water by chance?

5. april says:

I have identical pictures – hundreds of them. I’m in San Antonio TX and had to move out of a house we purchased a year prior. I’m getting closer to finding the answer. Where I am right now based on spending every waking hour trying to figure out what’s making my 4 year old scream in the middle of the night itching, and myself with two years of open wounds that won’t heal until recently – I’m closed in on scalaris which is my current focus, but also eriophyes gall mites and oak tree mites, oak tree midge. With all of these be sure to google the metamorphosis of each and specifically the female form. I’ve learned WAY more about insects than I have ever ever wanted to. You have to identify what it is! Or some the the fixes may make it worse.

6. Kerri says:

I live in Canada alberta
    I have hundred of tgzm and mt family think i am crazy all but my oldest he has them athis place not sure if he gace them to usbut no one but ke and gim get bit and i feel crazy some time to be always looking and getting bit by them

Excuse us?
      We have not idea what you want. We do not recognize the words “tgzm, gace, usbut, ke and gim”.

7. Kerri says:

I live in Canada alberta

8. CarolinaMidtownista says:

I have them in my nose. The triangle scablike slug sailboat.. the white wormlike blobs nemotodes have migrated to my eyes. At first I thought it was pin worms or thread worms. Now I’m scared they are gonna get to my brain. I think it may be heart worms. My vector was scabies mites. Also the bottom of my feet and toes have these hair like parasites. When feet get wet they swell and eventually peel. My doc sent me to get a mental health evaluation. The hospital gave me a drug test. I just want to live and keep my eyesight!7

9. Patricia Wehrs says:

I have them as well in morenci,az. Nobody else in the house seems to be bothered by them, actually claiming not to have them at all. They think I’m crazy , they say it’s hairballs or fuzzies off of clothes or rugs. They do burrow, they caused sores , they are in my hair,my nose,my ears, feels like something is in my eyes,on my lashes and eyebrows,I pull them of of and out of my clothing, bedding, even shoe laces. I feel like I’m losing my mind on occasion , I’ve even broke down crying because for some reason nobody else has them or thinks they do. In fact nobody else looks at the pictures I have taken over the years ( hundreds of not thousands) and sees what they think is a bug. I can feel when they move around on me, and I can feel when they drop off,the bigger ones anyways, what’s worse is I also believe they do the same to pets as well. When they get really bad and there’s an overwhelming amount of them, there’s a smell I noticed with my hair, and my cat’s. Even after being washed, conditioned, and combed through with flea combs there was a smell of just recently rancid deli meat slices. The smell didn’t go away with washing, only when most, because I don’t dare say I got them all,of the bugs were out of my hair. I also believe they are only really bad during certain cycles during their lives. They are really bad for a while,then bam it’s as if by magic they are gone,then just as I’m getting used to feeling like a human again they start up again and just as bad as before. Please if anyone else has this same thing going on with them and knows anything about them , please get ahold of me.

• Kerri says:

Hello i have same thing i been dealing with it for 5 years they are real and i say they are only effect to people that have body fill of toxins and bad food health issues and had some kimda trama happen just a few years before hand as well they are passed on my one son girlfrien d at the time and i feel like a piece of crap for calling her crazy and even my own son i believe has a form of them still but he has learned to just do bad drug in place of thinking he crazy and will not talk about it.
      I have learned to find some thing thst will help with the issue of bits crawling and its seam.to almost kill a larg part of them if you do it pretty much the way i say.
      I dont say to know if it works but it 100% pet and human safe no chemicals to worry if you having bad hair trouble and feel them then buy baking soda arm and hamer is best not little not get 4 big box or 12 little fridge size one at same time you buy baking soda get apple cider vinegar 4 bottle to a goods 4 lt and them you need eucalyptu oil and clove oil as well as tea tree oil this one is big one and peppermint oil if you can but the main 3 are clove tea tree and eucalyptus
      Ok now this is the part that your family will call u crazy fir but hear me out oh and borax buy 2 to 3 box of borax as well this is need as.well and like i said this ia part you will get judge by family so if.you can do when alone do this alone !!!
      So i been doimg lots of interesting things as to watching thousands of you tube on morgell a to other as to bird mits and other mite but i been trying mix and match thing and this is my go t9 once every few months i do this to sepf daily at first for close.to.1.or 2 months i cant remember now its been 2 years that i have had it under control so start by putting baking soda dry all in hair and rub like powder all over face eye lash brown try to get some in ears and nose then work way down to feel you about a box let it stay on you and in hair as long as you can . At that time i mix water half and half apple cider in a spray bottle i like to use hot water then add 1/4 cup borax and some clove and eucalyptus as well peppermint if you have any set aside to cool and desolve the borax tywn por in spray bottle make 1 lt mic or better.
      Its not a great smell nut you will not care as it helps and it sdoes take out any old.order you have. So now it time.to get this jumper i call them jumper so to start to get to the nest in your couch bed clothes you are going to take bakimg soda thats why souch pit full on bed this you can say it to clean it its commercial 101 use for baking and all well you are still covered head to toe in bakimg soda i put hate on and every time i feel.something on face i put mire dry baking soda on face arms ect so now we have bed cove in soda and take your laundry bedding to wash take 1/4 cup baking sodaa and 1/4 cup borax in hot or as hot as u can as well i had to change laundry soaps from gain to armand hamer or purex only low spelling as its the smell they love so no more nice bounce ect by the cheap plain bounce u can as sheet wash and the bedroom bed floor any carpet even your pillow cover with baking soda for min 1 hour then get a new shop vac that you buy bags for the small.to med one as.you cant keep bag after you are done and the bags a big must as it contains the jumper as i believe the baking soda just put them in a zombie state so this is why you need new bad and then place vacume in a place that is in full away from.your main cleaning or.your mail house if u can.place in shed or garage so know we have are room but the jumper what they dig and hide in are.clothes as well.as are self
      So snow we have d9ne bed carpet ect we are still all.covered in bakimg soda and if its come.off add more as this part u dont want to be attacks by the next you are about to attack so i put hair in hat and even gloves and shoe ling sleeve and paints .
      Ready now start in your closet with far end ajd from top to bottom spray everything in a good mist of mic tou dont have to make it weat just make sure you have a good.mist to have gotten on everythin then work wat out as.you get to door spray door both side if you have cork bords up toss out now they love to nest in that shit as well as.foam floor matts and now that yo7 are 8n room staer with high all round and work you way to floor spay bed ect every let it sit on for day or so then vacume so you repeat in every room you can do it day bu day room by room but the faster you do the lest time.yu will have to keep doing self in baking soda as to you now its been 3 to 4 hour yep that long baking soda will jot hurt you at all i now even take a 1/4 tsp dail with water feel like ut has helped me kill the one in side me
      And grab that bottle of apple cider vinegar now and i dont.do tub but if you do then add the bottle.or 2 to water and soak for 30 min if dont bath now you take bittle and pug sink in washroom.add mire hot water and gran cloth start to take cloth loaded full dont.ring out and start to put on hair get it wet and then reapt working.down body now thats done jump in shower wash off and atart to use a shamoo for dandruff narizol i use or head and shoulders peppermint
      And for body wash i niw use irish spring or use a coconut with peperpmint or tea tree one they hate that smell wash dry and untill you can get a good 2 weeks in and every room and all laundry done in that Apple cider and borax as well was down floor and house.with borax and aple cider vinegar and then sprinkle the oil all over house
      It will take a good week to see a big impact but even first time u do you will feel really good and you will stop them from becomimg.big and only small one will come and it become less and less to your self and people stop looking at you crazy

• Kerri says:

• Karen says:

I as well have the exact symptoms,I feel like something is falling in my eyes, my hair is falling out,I look at everything I put on,the cat even looks before she sits down, I feel little stingers that poke up from my skin. My doctor also recommended that I stay off drugs. I qas so offended,after 10 years I changed doctors,my kids laughed at me like I’m crazy.all I know is that what ever this is,has invaded my body.there has to be an explanation,it’s almost as if doctors know but won’t tell you or can’t live in ohio,and have delt with this for 2an half years,all I know is that we have to keep searching to find answers.

• Tiffany says:

Hi Patricia, I also am suffering from whatever this is & it’s HORRIFIC!! WHEN U mentioned the smell part I wanted to cry bc now I know I’m not the only 1 dealing with this TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE SMELL!! 🤢🤮🤯 IT’S SOOOOO BAD…How did u get them out of ur hair? It seems like everyone I wash my hair it gets worse?!!? If u would/want to pls give me a call. 850-four nine one-2664. Thanks, Tiffany