Subject: What in the world is this?
Location: Ohio
December 12, 2015 9:47 am
Found this bug on my screen door- live in a rural area of Ohio. Has been in the 40’s for a few days but has recently warmed to the 60’s today. Along with all the flies coming out, I saw this. It is overcast and slightly rainy today. We near open farm fields, have a small pond, creek and small woods.
Signature: Jen

Western Conifer Seed Bug

Western Conifer Seed Bug

Dear Jen,
As winter sets in, our identification requests for Western Conifer Seed Bugs increase as they seek shelter from the cold weather by coming indoors.  This year much media coverage on Kissing Bugs has caused many folks to write us to clarify the identity of Western Conifer Seed Bugs that superficially resemble Kissing Bugs.

Location: Ohio

One Response to Western Conifer Seed Bug

1. Melinda says:

Thanks for the photo! I found one of these in my bathroom sink today. Thought sure it was a kissing bug, but after looking at a few photos, it seems to just be a seed bug. (Southwestern Ohio)