Subject: weird spider-looking thing
Location: Florida
Mom found this bug on her motorcycle cover. It looks like a spider but has six legs (or eight if the front two are tucked under). We live in central Florida and right now the weather is in the high seventies to low eighties. I’ve perused the internet for hours and have come up fruitless. Even my father-in-law who makes his living in pest control doesn’t even know what it is. Thank you in advance for your help 😊
Signature: KayleighH

Dragonfly Exuviae

Dragonfly Exuviae

Dear Kayleigh,
These are exuviae or shed exoskeletons of insects that have undergone metamorphosis, transforming from nymphs to winged adults.  We believe they look like Dragonfly exuviae, leading us to believe there is a pond near where the motorcycle was stored.  We are postdating your submission to go live during our holiday vacation.

Thank you so much! This was driving me crazy. You are definitely correct about the pond! There is one right in their back yard. Happiest of holidays to you!

Location: Florida