Subject: Weird bug on my face
Location: New York Queens
I was just casually sitting in my room at around 11 pm and I go to use the bathroom and look in the mirror and see this on the side on my face. What is it? This is the clearest picture of it. It was still alive and was moving so it was difficult to take the picture.
Signature: -Amy

Human Louse

Human Louse

Dear Amy,
This is a Human Louse, a blood-sucking external parasite.  If there was one, there may be more.  There are many over the counter treatments available at the pharmacy.  Your submission will go live to our site over the holidays when we are away from the office.

Location: Queens, New York

2 Responses to Human Louse

1. Karen Markle says:

When my kids were little, we fought head lice for 2 yrs. We’d use pesticide shampoo, scrape their hair with nit combs, send them back to school, only to be re-infested.

Once, I had to excuse our family from an event because we were dealing with them AGAIN. My Mexican sister-in-law wouldn’t take no for an answer. She came over to help. She looked at their scalps and said, Ha! You call those head lice? They’re nothing!

Her solution is so effective and so affordable!
    Smear lard or shortening on your head, work it all in. Put on a plastic shower cap. Go to bed for a good night’s sleep .

In the morning, wash out the oil. All the bugs are dead, adults and nits alike. The nits slip easily off the hair.