Subject: head louse??
Location: ohio
November 26, 2015 8:02 am
dear bugman
please help me! i found this one bug in my hair and i when i pulled it out, it was under my fingernail, so i think it is a little squished. it was also dead and not moving.
a couple weeks ago, a girl at my school had lice. i became paranoid and had my parents check my head. they found nothing. i thought i was safe until now.
after finding this, i had my mom check my head and she found nothing. i compaired it to pictures of lice online and it looks similar, but not exactly the same. i havent found pictures that look like this yet, but it has similar feautures to lice. i also sent it to my friend who had lice for over a year, and he said its not one.
my head hasn’t been abnormally itchy and i have no bumps or bites on my neck shoulders or head. please help me asap and tell if this is a louse and what i should do!!
one pic is zoomed in, one is not.
Signature: tannith

Head Louse

Head Louse

Dear Tannith,
We are sorry to be the bearer of bad news on Thanksgiving, but this is indeed a Head Louse.  There are over the counter remedies available at the pharmacy.

i only found one bug in my hair. there are no other bugs in my hair or eggs. is it possible that i just had one bug and no more?

That is a possibility, but in our opinion, it is unlikely.

Location: Ohio