Subject: Please identify the bug
Location: Bedroom
Please help identify the bug in the attached picture. Few bugs like this are found in my bedroom.
Signature: Raj

Indian Meal Moth

Indian Meal Moth

Dear Raj,
The location field of our submission form should be used for a global location to help facilitate identification as many “bugs” have a limited range, but since this Indian Meal Moth is a cosmopolitan pest of stored grain products, it doesn’t matter where your bedroom is located.  You should check the pantry to find the site of the infestation.

One Response to Indian Meal Moth

1. Curious Girl says:

Do not limit the search to just the pantry. These are opportunistic and will multiply where ever they can get purchase. I once lived in an apartment where they had infested the drywall. They really like pet food too, and closets.

Supposedly there are natural deterrents such as bay leaf and Indian chestnuts that can be put in pantries and closets to repels pests. I have both. :^)