Subject: Red Striped Spider
Location: Grand Prairie, TX
This spider jumped the sliding glass door ledge, and bolted into the house toward my kitchen. I had never seen anything like it here in the Dallas city before. It’s flashy red coloring made me wonder if it were poisonous, and well…I squeeshed it. The pic was taken today. However, he was squeeshed on Saturday, July 25th.
Signature: not sure what you question is here.

Unknown spider

Ant Mimic Spider

We have tried unsuccessfully to identify your Spider, and what we find most troubling is that we believe we have a photo of this species posted somewhere in the over 20,000 postings on our site.  Perhaps one of our readers will be able to assist in this identification.

Update:  July 30, 2015
Several folks provided comments indicating that this looks like an Ant Mimic Spider,
Castianeira amoena, and we are in agreement, though when the image first arrived, it looked like a hairier spider than an Ant Mimic.

Location: Grand Prairie, Texas

4 Responses to Ant Mimic Spider

Thanks. That does look like a good match. The originally submitted image seemed hairier, which threw us off.

Thanks Jason,
      This Ant Mimic Spider looks like a good match. We created this posting late last night and for some reason, we thought the submitted image looked too hairy to be an Ant Mimic Spider.