Subject: unidentified beetle?
Location: Belgrade, Serbia.(Great War Island)
Hi there Bugman, I was sitting on the bank of the Danube in july, just across from great war island in belgrade serbia, when a large Beatle with a long body about 2 inches in length, with a purplish irredessant shine, and very long antenna landed on a sun shade next to me. Im hopeing you can help me identify it. Looking forward to your reply.
Regards,
Signature: Adam Biginelli

Longicorn

Musk Beetle

Dear Adam,
We did a quick search and could not come up with a species, but we can tell you that this is a Longhorned Borer Beetle or Longicorn in the family Cerambycidae.  We will continue to research its identity, and perhaps one of our readers (Mardikavana are you out there?) can assist in the identification.

Update:  August 22, 2015
We received a submission of a Longicorn from the UK today that we identified as a Musk Beetle,
Aromia moschata, and we believe this is the same species.  Some variations in coloration are posted on Eakring Birds.

Location: Belgrade, Serbia