Subject: HELP whole ground is moving
Location: West Texas
I need to see if someone could identify this bug so that I can get this under control. Had an exterminator tell me it was a chich bug and then a stink bug. My well groomed yard has none. My outside yard has weeds they were green now dead. I’ve seen some in my winow seals. they give me the chill bumps. Going out of my mind.
Signature: chilledtothebone

Possibly Immature Dirt Colored Seed Bugs

Possibly Immature California False Chinch Bugs

Dear chilledtothebone,
These are immature True Bugs, and nymphs can be very difficult to identify.  Your individuals look very similar to these still unidentified nymphs from Montana we posted several years back, and we suspect you may also have Dirt Colored Seed Bugs in the family Rhyparochromidae.

Do yall happen to know anything about them? I did notice so.ething this morning I had not seen and that was several black bugs around but no nymphs. I will take pictures in the moring or evening to see if it helps any I’ve attached a video to help as well. And will send a couple more pictures on next email.  And what they are living in.  Do you know if they are harmful to anything?

Possibly Dirt Colored Seed Bugs

Possibly California False Chinch Bugs

Dear chilledtothebone,
Thanks for sending additional images that contain winged adults.  That should make identification easier.  We believe the transparent wings on the adults and the markings on the nymphs are a good match for these California False Chinch Bugs,
Xyonysius californicus, that are pictured on BugGuide.  According to BugGuide, they are:  “common on trees in Mar-Apr in Central TX.”  The Arthropods of Orange County site has some excellent images.

Possibly Dirt Colored Seed Bugs

Possibly California False Chinch Bugs

Location: West Texas