Subject: Kauai Vacation Home Spider
Location: Princeville, Kauai, Hawaii
Mr. Bugman,
I first identified a spider in the laundry area of the house I’m renting using your site. It appeared to be a Huntsman Spider and it made sense, it’s damp and I’ve seen a cockroach or two in there. I named that spider Dick and he’s 4-5″ big. Now I just scared the bajesus out of myself finding a much larger spider, who I named Bob which is twice as large as Dick, near the area that Dick is (or was, Dick looks a little rough like he got beat up by Bob).
I’m sure it’s just another Huntsman Spider but I wanted to share it with your site.
Signature: Kauai Spider Bro?

Huntsman spider

Huntsman spider

You are correct that this is a Huntsman Spider, probably Heteropoda venatoria, but we think you should change Bob’s name to Roberta as we believe she is a female.

Location: Princeville, Kauai, Hawaii

One Response to Huntsman Spider from Hawaii

1. Kauai Spider Bra says:

Thanks so much for the quick reply! We’ll try to be nice and catch her to put her outside. She’s a little too scary to hang out near the laundry area. Thanks again!