Subject: A visitor on my leg.
Location: Tucson, AZ
Hello, bugman. I was sitting at a bus bench, waiting for my bus, when I noticed the insect on my jeans. It was pretty slow, and didn’t seem dangerous, so I took a few photos before shaking it off my pants. Do you have any idea what kind of bug it is?
Signature: Jeremiah

Possibly Minute Pirate Bug

Mirid Plant Bug

Dear Jeremiah,
It is a True Bug, it looks predatory and it is small, so our first thought was that this looked like a Minute Pirate Bug in the family Anthocoridae, but alas, we were unable to find any matching family members on BugGuide.  There is a similar looking insect indentified only as Tiny Green Bug from Tucson Arizona on Colin L. Miller’s Wildlife blog on the True Bugs 3 page.
  We will consult with Eric Eaton who may be able to provide an identification.

Eric Eaton Provides a Correction
Hi, Daniel:
This is a mirid plant bug (family Miridae).  Not sure of genus, and it is missing both hind legs.  Reminds me most of a freshly-molted Neurocolpus, due to the swollen first antennal segment.
author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America
http://bugeric.blogspot.com/

Location: Tucson, Arizona