Subject: Bug
Location: Fairhope, AL
This bug looks like the same size of a lady bug but blackish until you zoom in, has a blotchy tent? Any help would be great with if.
Signature: Nick

Lablab Bug

Lablab Bug

Hi Nick,
This Lablab Bug or Bean Plataspid,
Megacopta cribraria, is an invasive species introduced from Asia.  According to BugGuide, its common name is Kudzu Bug as it feeds on that invasive plant.  Lablab Bugs can get very plentiful, becoming a nuisance around homes.

Location: Fairhope, Alabama

3 Responses to Invasive Lablab Bug in Alabama

1. BridgetD says:

Thank you foe this Info as I just found a dead one around my home in central North Carolina.

I have only lived here for 4 years but had never seen this bug before today!!

2. BridgetD says:

3. Anne says:

Ah! Thanks! I just pulled something very similar to this off my face and threw it off. It left a sweet smelling odor that eventually began to stink and made me a bit nauseous. The one I found was more gray in color. Same thing? it looks to be the same shape. this one was about the size of a lady bug. I can still smell it.