Subject: Bug everywhere
Location: Roy utah
November 13, 2014 8:47 am
This bug has been in my house everywhere festering in Curtians blankets clothes anything! It’s making me feel like a dirty person no matter what I do I can’t get rid of them and I think they bite there was one in my daughters diaper I put on her the other day and she grabbed her privates and cried so I took her diaper off and there the bug was! Why are these is my house everywhere what can I do to keep them out! What kind of bug is it please help!
Signature: Jaimie

Probably Dirt Colored Seed Bug

Probably Dirt Colored Seed Bug

Dear Jaimie,
This is probably a Dirt Colored Seed Bug in the family Rhyparochromidae.

So where does it come from? How come they are everywhere in my home what do I do to keep them out do they bite are they dangerous?

We can think of two possibilities.  One is that their habitat was destroyed, possibly with the clearing of a weed covered lot, and then then moved to your property.  Another possibility is that they are coming indoors to hibernate.  Dirt Colored Seed Bugs are not dangerous, but as you noticed, they can be a nuisance if they are plentiful.  See more on Dirt Colored Seed Bugs on BugGuide.  There are also some images on the Utah Pests website.

Location: Roy, Utah

3 Responses to Possibly Dirt Colored Seed Bugs in Utah

1. lorell todd says:

I live in ogden utah and keep seeing them around my house and when you kill them they stink like stink bugs.. have you been able to find out what they are?

2. squash says:

squash bug

3. Dave cole says:

How do you get rid of dirt colored seed bugs?