Immature Dipterans

Immature Dipterans

Subject: Bug found in bedroom
Location: Swingfield Street, Kent
October 15, 2014 4:45 am
Found several of these bugs on the carpet in the bedroom on returning from a week or so away from the house.
What are they?
Signature: Anthony

As you can not tell from the pictures, I should have said that it is soft and moves a bit like a caterpillar and that the dark portion is at the tail end not the head.
I had a video that showed the above but it was rather big so I did not send it.
I am attaching the photos again in case it is difficult to tie up the 2 emails.
Regards,
Anthony.

Immature Dipterans

Immature Dipterans

Dear Anthony,
We are unable to provide anything more than a very general identification at this time.  This is an immature Dipteran, the insect order that includes Flies.  They remind us of the larvae of a Bot Fly, but we cannot be certain.  See this posting on BugGuide.

Location: Kent, UK

4 Responses to Immature Flies may be Hover Fly larvae

1. Anthony says:

Hi Anthony.

Did you find out what those bugs where as I found the exact same bugs in my bedroom carpet a few days ago but didn’t take a picture.

2. Lynn says:

Hi

We live in Surrey and have also found the odd one or two of these recently in a bedroom. We would be really interested to know what they are – they seem to appear on the carpet from nowhere obvious.