Mating Imperial Moths (from our archive)

Subject: Imperial moth
Have 2 imperial moths on the ground in my backyard in the grass ,mateing, been ther all day ,how long does it take ?
Signature: Tom mickle

Mating might take several hours, but they have no time to waste as adults generally live only about a week.

They were at least 6 hours that I witnessed , and just as it got dark , they flew away, thanks for your information.

Ed. Note October 8, 2014:  WordPress now automatically inserts images and other media above the text, regardless of where the cursor is placed.  We have been moving images for weeks and we just decided to give in and let WordPress put the images on top of the posting.  Let us know what you think of the new format for our postings.

Location: Ohio

2 Responses to Mating Imperial Moths and change in format of our postings

1. Ellen says:

The new format certainly is a departure from the past, but seems fine to me. I kind of miss reading the narrative first and then seeing the insect that was described, but I’m already getting used to the new format.
    Thank you for the interesting website and all of the great information!

Thanks for the input Ellen,
      I forgot to “drag and drop” the image on one posting, and since WordPress seems to insist on placing the image first, I just surrendered, but I may go back to dragging and dropping the image after the text.