Subject: Halyomorpha halys in Oregon
Location: Mulino, Oregon
October 5, 2014 9:40 am
Hi – this bug is a nightmare unfolding. It goes by the common names of Brown Marmorated Stink Bug, BMSB, or Asian Stink Bug; it’s Latin name is Halyomorpha halys.
In the last three or four days, I’ve vacuumed hundreds off the outside of house and garage, windows – they’re everywhere – horrid lingering bug stink – aptly named – and they ruin an incredibly diverse variety of plants, fruits, nuts – and joy! Oregon weather allows TWO breeding cycles a year – these little beasts cannot be allowed to ruin everything !
Here is a link to an invaluable report that I hope the Oregon State University extension folks won’t mind my sharing with you, as word of this disaster needs to spread, and spread fast so everyone can do what they can to eliminate as many of these bugs as possible, by any means at their disposal.
http://oregonstate.edu/dept/hermiston/sites/default/files/7_nwiman.pdf
Signature: Cheryl Anne, The Hamlet Nursery, or maybe not…

Brown Marmorated Stink Bug

Brown Marmorated Stink Bug

Dear Sheryl Anne,
Thanks for all the information and the link on the Brown Marmorated Stink Bug infestation in the Pacific Northwest.

Location: Mulino, Oregon