Subject: Stalker Bird!!!
Location: Negeri Sembilan, MALAYSIA
7 September 2014 2:00 p.m.
Hi again. I will have two id requests today, if you don’t mind. This is my first;
I was out in the garden photographing bugs (I have recently discovered the world of macro photography). Around the porch area, I found a bird thingy. It scared the living daylights out of me. Upon closer looking and some poking via a stick, I figured it was a moth pupa, but I don’t know which moth caterpillar make it. Above it, there is a single strand of silk. It is about 7 cm (3.8 inches) long. Is it a bird decapitated by a spider or a pupa. If it’s a pupa, what pupa is it?
Signature: TFO (Totally Freaked Out)

Swallowtail Chrysalis

Swallowtail Chrysalis

Dear TFO,
The quality of your images is quite poor, however we are able to distinguish the outline of the Chrysalis of a Swallowtail Butterfly in the genus
Papilio that was intact prior to your poking it with a stick.

Swallowtail Chrysalis

Swallowtail Chrysalis

Location: Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia

3 Responses to Swallowtail Chrysalis

1. D says:

Oh. Now it makes sense. I have seen another guy with that butterfly on this website. It’s probably a Tropical Swallowtail Butterfly. The nation along with Singapore has been experiencing an invasion of them. Thank for the info.