Subject: Jumping spider
Location: Southwest MI
Found this fellow on the sliding patio doors to my deck. I live in the middle of an oak forest so spiders are abundant and I consider them my friends. This was the second time I have seen this particular species and I knew it was a jumper from its behavior. From what I can gather it falls in the Habronattus genus. Can you further identify it or give me any other information on it. Twice, while being photographed, it jumped up onto my camera! Thanks for your wonderful site.
Signature: d.k.dodge

Jumping Spider

Jumping Spider

Dear d.k.dodge,
What a beautiful and expressive face your Jumping Spider in the family Salticidae has.  We apologize, be we can’t say for certain what this species is, but your images are postitively gorgeous and we hope perhaps one of our readers will write in with a comment and identification.  We cannot find any images on BugGuide that have the orange face combined with the chevron pattern on the abdomen.  If you happen to learn more, please let us know. 

Jumping Spider

Jumping Spider

Update:  Platycryptus undatus???
Hi again d.k.dodge,
What do you think of these images of
Platycryptus undatus from BugGuide?  This individual has both the chevron markings on the abdomen, the orange mask, and it is found in Michigan.  Here is another example from BugGuide that shows both abdominal markings and facial coloration.

Thank you so much!  Looks like a match to me.  I love knowing the identity of every living thing I see.
Thanks again!
d.k.dodge

Location: Southwest Michigan