Subject: What is this thing?
Location: Little Rock, AR
I hope you don’t mind my emailing you with another bug question.  I found this one on the same plant as the scentless plant bug, and, once again, we’re all stumped.  Given that this one made us feel a strong urge to stuff cotton into our ears before we sleep, I’m even more curious than last time.
Thank you for any info you can offer. 🙂
Sincerely,
L.J. Rhodes

Lacewing Larva

Lacewing Larva

Dear L.J. Rhodes,
This efficient predator is the larva of a Lacewing, and they are one of the most effective, beneficial predators for both home gardeners and the agricultural industry.  Both larvae and adult Lacewings consume large quantities of insects including Aphids.  Lacewing Larvae are sometimes called Aphid Wolves.  In the future, please continue to use our standard submission form for new requests.  We had to cobble location information together from your previous submission, and using the standard form ensures that all the location is contained in one email.

Location: Little Rock, Arkansas