Subject:  Alligator Lizards
Location:  Mount Washington, Los Angeles, California
July 5, 2014 & July 12, 2014
While these are not the largest Alligator Lizards we have seen, the two individuals were between 10 and 12 inches long.  The first individual was repelling down the logs and the second larger individual was sunning in the late afternoon rays.

Alligator Lizard

Alligator Lizard

Alligator Lizard

Alligator Lizard

Location: Mount Washington, Los Angeles, California

2 Responses to Alligator Lizards in Mount Washington

1. Lisa says:

I love these little lizards. I live in Western Washington State. They were always coming inside an office building I used to clean at night. The light would attract insects and the insects would attract the lizards. A couple times a week I had to catch a lizard and return it to the woods. One fall I took one home for the winter and returned it in the spring. Their color, up close, is so pretty.

The are always getting into the deep utility sink in the garage, so we assist them in getting outside again, just by catching them by hand very gently.