Subject: Flying harmless thing on my balcony
Location: South – eastern Attica, Greece
I have seen many of those things flying around the countryside, but I was always wondering what exactly is that thing. To me as a kid, it was a hybrid of butterfly and mosquito(haha), but when I grew up I realise that this is not possible, so I came up with an other idea. I suspect that this is a kind of “liveloula” (dragonfly).
Signature: I do not understand that question. By the person who will find out what that thing is….

Spoonwing Lacewing

Spoonwing Lacewing

This unusual creature is a Spoonwing Lacewing, possibly Nemoptera bipennis.  Your individual is missing one of its distinctive tails.Hello Daniel,

Thank you very much for your reply. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately this little guy died during the night, for unknown reasons, but at least now I know the name of this beautiful insect. I am sorry about the missing wing/tail I forgot to mention about it, but you figured it out anyway…
Best regards,
Anastasios

Location: Attica, Greece