Subject: please help me name that creature 🙂
Location: Crimean Peninsula
Dear WTB Team,
Could you please help me to identify what is on that picture? I took that soot in 2004 during my summer holidays at Crimean Peninsula (Ukraine). I don`t remember exactly what city I was in, but it was close to the south west of Crimea coast. Unfortunately, this bug was killed by one of my room mates and I couldn`t take a picture of living animal, but you can imagine that we were sleeping and suddenly scream of one of girl ended our sleep. What I was tald after they killed that animal is that it was running very fast.
Thanks in advance,
Signature: Dawid

House Centipede Carnage

House Centipede Carnage

Dear Dawid,
This is a harmless, predatory, nocturnal House Centipede, and we acknowledge that they do run quickly and they are frightening looking.  In an effort to educate the public, we are tagging your submission as Unnecessary Carnage because we believe that once people know that House Centipedes eat creatures like Cockroaches and Bed Bugs, there might be more tolerance about predatory species that are frightening in appearance.

Location: Crimean Peninsula, Ukraine

3 Responses to House Centipede Carnage on Crimean Peninsula

1. Dawid says:

Thanks for reply, WTB Team! I am really sorry for what happened. Let me share your respond with my friends to let them know that we shouldn`t kill that animal. Tough, but still – a lesson learned.

Best wishes,
    Dawid

If your letter helps to save future House Centipedes, we have fulfilled our mission to educate the public about the importance of the lower beasts.

2. Dawid says:

Best wishes,
    Dawid