Subject: Arthropods unknown to me
Location: Agartala, Tripura, North-East India
On the day April 29th 2014 in Northern Hemisphere (Hot Humid weather) I was roaming around a river for photographing wildlife and I found some kind of creature which appeared arthropod to me. They were 3x2cm in dimensions. The day was bright sunny and temperature was around 36 degree c. I found a green colored spider also very near to them but it didn’t have any attention to them. The spider was as if ignoring them. I can’t name the plant which they were resting on but the leaves were eaten by someone , may be by them also… I don’t know.
I will be very grateful if you kindly help me identify them.
Signature: Abhik

Tortoise Beetle Larva

Tortoise Beetle Larva

Hi Abhik,
We are 99% certain that this is the larva of a Leaf Beetle in the family Chrysomelidae, most likely a Tortoise Beetle Larva in the Tribe Cassidini.  Here is an example from North America that is posted to BugGuide.  We will attempt to provide a species name for you, but that might not be possible.

Tortoise Beetle Larva

Tortoise Beetle Larva

Thanks a lot for helping me identify this larva. I will go to the place again and try to capture the whole life cycle of the Beetle. Thanking you again
Abhik

Tortoise Beetle Larva

Tortoise Beetle Larva