Subject: I can’t find this one anywhere please help
Location: I think Australia
Hey bugman buddy, I was wondering if you could help me identify this colorful bug. Thanks for all your help I will try to also make a donation soon. Thanks again
Signature: Brandon

Cotton Harlequin Bug

Cotton Harlequin Bug

Hi Brandon,
We didn’t notice until we were actually creating a posting that this photo was taken in “I think Australia” which leads us to think you did not take the image.  Please clarify where the image came from if you did not take it as our submission clearly states:  “Also, you swear that you either took the photo(s) yourself or have explicit permission from the photographer or copyright holder to use the image.”  This is a Cotton Harlequin Bug,
Tectocoris diophthalmus, and it is indeed from Australia.  You can read more about it on the Brisbane Insect website.

Location: Australia

3 Responses to Cotton Harlequin Bug from Australia

1. D says:

Out of curiosity, I did an image search of the picture provided in this posting and found its source: http://dawnstetzel.blogspot.com.au/ (the 48th image on the latest post). It seems likely that the blog’s author is not the same person as the poster here.

2. Phillipa Schulleri says:

I got mine yesterday from my garden in Timor Leste. Just love dit and thought it was amazing. So I wanted to know who I had got. And I came here to your website.