Subject: Stink Bug??
Location: Belize
April 19, 2014 7:02 am
I am thinking this may be a stink bug! What do you think?
The colors are striking!! Light blue, vivid orange and black abdomen. (About 1/2″x1/4″x1/4″). Thank You!
Signature: Reggie

Stink Bug

Stink Bug

Do you have larger files?

Yes! I’ve sent you the originals. I’ve just sharpened them without cropping or size change. ( FYI, The bugs may be a little larger than I quoted. Maybe 3/4″ long instead of 1/2″.) Thanks!

Thanks for resending the images Reggie.  Unfortunately, all you did was crop the originals and the Stink Bug is not any larger in the resent files.  We identified you Stink Bug as Edessa rufomarginata on Flickr, and we verified that on an Asian version of National Geographic.  We also located an image of Edessa rufomarginata in our own archives.

Thank you for going to all that trouble!! It’s wonderful to know what the critter is finally! None of my friends here had any idea what it might be! Sincerely, thank you!
Reggie

Location: Belize