Subject: What’s this bug
Location: Greenwood indiana
I recently noticed one of these bugs and now they are in out cabinets and crawling out at nite they have not let out kitchen probably because I have sets traps which you see in the picture and other traps that our poison. I thought it was a cockroach but I think those are wings on them? However I have not seen them fly. And they come out more a night. Please help!!
Signature: Kendra

German Cockroach Family

German Cockroach Family

Hi Kendra,
You have an infestation of German Cockroaches,
Blattella germanica, and based on the family photo you included, they are multiplying.  See this photo on BugGuide for comparison.  German Cockroaches are probably the most pestiferous of the Cockroaches, and according to BugGuide:  “Omnivorous, eats just about anything edible” and “Like most cockroaches, the German Cockroach is nocturnal. It is a major pest of residential and commercial structures.  Some people can develop severe allergies to cockroach parts, feces, and oils.   Females carry the ootheca for up to a month, dropping it just before the eggs hatch.”

German Cockroach

German Cockroach

Location: Greenwood, Indiana