Subject: WTB
Location: Mexico City
This bug apeared recently (beginning of march) in the washbasin of my bathroom, they are very very small (1mm) apear by night, maybe 10 or 15, when I disturb them with my fingers they take tremendous jumps. If I fill the basin with water they drawn during the night. The foto is of a drowned one, very magnified.
I live in Mexico City.
I hope you can help me identify them, in any case thank you!
Signature: Guillermo

Springtail

Springtail

Buenos Dias Guillermo,
The creature in your photo is a Springtail, a hexapod in the class Collembola.  They might be the most populous creatures on the planet and they are basically benign, or actually beneficial as they help organic matter to decompose and break down into humus.  They jump by means of an organ called a furcula.  According to BugGuide:  “Species with a furcula are jumpers; the furcula is normally folded under the abdomen, and the insect jumps by suddenly extending the furcula ventrally and posteriorly.”  BugGuide also notes:  “Springtails indoors should be ignored, as they cause no health threat whatsoever and will quickly die or disperse as the areas they frequent dry out.” 

Location: Mexico City, Mexico