Subject: White Banded Fishing Spider and a Pink Green Lynx
Location: Carthage NC
March 11, 2014 10:04 am
while looking around for ways to identified this tow , I found your side ! I take photos of insect for my own intellectual enrichment . base on other search I have done I believe I identified this tow (White Banded Fishing Spider and a Pink Green Lynx) correctly but Is always great to ask to the experts 🙂 I really appreciate your help ! Kary Clark
PS: Loving the side and all the information and interaction with others.
Signature: Kary Clark

Whitebanded Fishing Spider

White Banded Fishing Spider

Dear Kary,
You have sent us photos of two of our five favorite North American Spiders.  We think the White Banded Fishing Spiders are the most beautiful North American Spiders, and the maternal care given to the young earns them the family name Nursery Web Spiders.  The Green Lynx is one of the most amazing hunters.  They lie in wait, camouflaged on rose bushes and other green shrubbery, and then they leap upon their prey.  Green Lynx Spiders also fiercely guard their young.

Green Lynx Spider

Green Lynx Spider

Thank you for the info! it made me smile that you guys even saw this photos that quickly!

Location: Carthage, North Carolina