Subject: weird bug found in my head
Location: in my head and i live in Alabama
my head has been itching like crazy. every time I wash my hair its like my head itches worse.. one day I was scratching my head and I found this weird bug under my nail after I got through scratching my head. it looked something similar to the bug called louse. but it had this long body with these tentacle looking things as legs. I honestly don’t know what it is. every now and then I will pull one out and some times they will be big and other times they will be really small. I tried to take a picture of it but it wasn’t clear enough to put on here. I would really appreciate it if u could help me find out what kind of bug this is in my head/scalp.
Signature: confused

Human Louse

Human Louse

Dear confused,
The image you attached was labeled “lice” so we are guessing you downloaded it from the internet.  Your letter makes it sound like you have head lice.  You should treat the problem.  According to the Penn State University Fact Sheet:  “Shampoo products containing either prescription or over-the-counter preparations are the standard treatment for head lice. Body lice and crab lice are controlled using lotions which contain an insecticide. Contact your physician or pharmacist to determine which of these products will be most effective.”

Location: Alabama

2 Responses to Human Louse

1. mary hanna says:

thank you for your help!!!