Subject: Scorpions in house
Location: Edenvale, South Africa
January 16, 2014 12:29 am
I live in Edenvale South Africa and this is the 5th scorpion we found in our house. I stepped on one (I think its the same one on the photo) about two years ago and it burnt like hell but I managed to sort it out with a bit of aloe.
I found this little dude (a baby one) in my drawer this morning – would love to know more about them.
Signature: MaddyZA

Scorpion

Scorpion

Dear MaddyZA,
This is one of the most beautiful Scorpions we have ever seen.  We will attempt to identify it tomorrow.

Location: Edenvale, Gauteng, South Africa

5 Responses to Beautiful South African Scorpion

1. Esther says:

We have found two baby scorpians that look exactly like that in the last week.

How can one deter them from your property? We have two small dogs and I don’t want them to get stung.

2. Jennifer says:

I live in Northcliff, South Africa. And I think this is the exact same scorpion which just stung me tonight on my hip. Think it might have been in my clothes. Anyway, it was a very sharp burning pain which didnt seem to have lasted too long. I am just wondering if anyone has identified this scorpion as yet? Thanks.

3. Fabiola says:

I have just found one in my laundry, does anyone know what it is yet?

4. Jaco says:

Anymore news on this scorpion? Found one dead when we renovated the house, another alive in the passage on the ceiling?

Little Falls.