Subject: What the heck is this?
Location: Hawaii
Aloha-
I love to work on my lanai and this little thing was exploring my computer- what the heck is it? Scorpion or spider?
Signature: Curious

Jumping Spider

Jumping Spider

Aloha Curious,
This is a harmless, male Jumping Spider in the family Salticidae.  We are not certain of the species, but it does look similar to the members of the genus
Hentzia that are pictured on BugGuide.

Location: Hawaii

2 Responses to Jumping Spider from Hawaii

1. Me and my girlfriend live in South Carolina. While we were having breakfast, Saturday June the 27th, 2020, I noticed a very small Spider crawling up the wall next to my girlfriends head. I don’t like to kill Spiders, I scoop them into a cup, then let them go outside.Upon closer examination, we noticed his crazy critter had claws like a Crawdad, or a Lobster, with the body of a Spider. I took pictures, looked it up online, and found it to be a Jumping Spider from Hawaii. WHAT’S a Spider from Hawaii doing in South Carolina ???????