Subject:  mourning cloak hanging out on a motorcycle
Location:  Long Beach, California
December 31, 2013 5:20 AM
Thank you for the quick response!  Actually, it was easy to explain, since I was taking the picture when my boss got back from his own lunch break.  And yes, potato bugs–we find those in our yard quite often.  The dogs are freaked out by them 🙂  I’ve never taken any pics of those, but I do have some (in my humble opinion) nice shots of a mourning cloak hanging out on a motorcycle.
Signature: SMTO

Mourning Cloak on a Motorcycle

Mourning Cloak on a Motorcycle

Thank you for attaching your Mourning Cloak photo.  Was it taken in Irvine as well?  We used a lovely image of a Viceroy on a Motorcycle when we produced a What’s That Bug? calendar back in 2006.

The mourning cloak was in Long Beach, taken several years ago.  I managed about 10 decent shots before it flew off.

Location: Irvine, California

2 Responses to Mourning Cloak Butterfly rides Motorcycle

1. Hi,
    Your post is very informative and interesting one. You added some pictures are so cute. Thank you for attaching your Mourning Cloak photo.

2. John says:

Nice to see this when we can have great riding experiences.