Subject: BUG IN MY NEW APARTMENTS
Location: scarborough, Ontario, Canada
Hi guys!!
Okay so I moved into a new basement apartment yesterday (its December and quite cold) When I first walked in I saw about 4 of these bugs dead in a small spider web. so I just cleaned it up and thought of nothing since the apartment had been vacant for about a month. Then last night I saw about 4 more of these bugs walking. I killed them. I didn’t see any this morning, but then after I had breakfast I saw 3 more in the bedroom. One of which was crawling out from under the baseboard. I need to know what this is. Im afraid I have an infestation and I just moved in. I don’t know what this is though. I hope you can help.
Signature: Tania

Woodlouse

Woodlouse

Hi Tania,
This is a Woodlouse, and we believe we have correctly identified it as
 Porcellio spinicornis thanks to photos posted to BugGuide.  According to BugGuide, these Woodlice are found:  “wherever cool, dark, moist places are available to shelter woodlice from dryness and heat during the day.”  Your basement apartment fits that description.  Woodlice are benign and they will not harm you, your pets, your apartment or its furnishings.  They may be a nuisance if they are plentiful, but they are basically benign creatures.

Location: Scarborough, Ontario, Canada