Subject: black long legs big head beetle?
Location: Miami Florida
Dear whats that bug,
I just found this visitor in our bathroom in the morning in November in Miami Florida.
Is not as beautiful as other bugs that i see in this website but I am just move by curiosity.
I could not found any picture online exactly as this guy . I think is a beetle
I took the pic with my cell phone and the animal was very high in the wall so i couldn’t get closer.
Thank you in advance
Signature: vlad

Ensign Wasp

Ensign Wasp

Dear Vlad,
This is an Ensign Wasp, and you should probably welcome it into your home.  The female Ensign Wasp parasitizes the ootheca or egg case of a Cockroach, and the developing Ensign Wasp larva feeds upon the eggs and developing Cockroaches, helping to control the population of an insect that very few people, even the most tolerant, will relish having in their homes.

Dear Daniel Marlos,
Thank you for your fast reply. I need to work in my id skills! Good that I leave it alone as I normally do with insects (with the exception of cockroaches).
Vlad

Location: Miami, Florida

One Response to Ensign Wasp

1. willie says:

I live in New York and recently these wasp/fly insects are spotted about a month ago in my kitchen and bathroom. This is the first time I have encounter them. Is it common for them to be
    in the New York area?