Subject: whats this bug?
Location: Refrigerator and freezer
I just signed the lease of my new apartment (10/25/2013) and started moving in (10/26/2013). I typically do a thorough cleaning from top to bottom of any new place I move into. When I went to the kitchen to clean I opened the refrigerator and saw what looked like fried rice or pieces of brown rice sticking to the top and a few were on the bottom. I opened the freezer and there were a few in there as well. These bugs were not moving so I assumed that it was just that, perhaps old food left behind so I got the cleaning supplies and went to work. Once I finished, I placed a pack of bottled water in the refrigerator, shut the door and continued to clean the rest of the apartment. An hour or two I came back to grab a bottle of water and these ”brown rice” looking bugs were back!! a few were on my pack of bottled water and at the bottom of the frige again. DISGUSTING!! The refrigerator is kinda old and has some rust on the inside in some places. I also noticed th e refrigerator does not get that cold at all Im extremely pissed and will be heading to the rental office first thing Monday morning!!!! What are your thoughts on what this could be?
Signature: as professional as possible

Blurry Bugs in Refrigerator

Blurry Bugs in Refrigerator

Dear asap,
Your photos are quite blurry and we cannot make an exact identification due to the poor quality, however, we suspect you may have Carpet Beetle Larvae.  Our second guess would be Fly Puparia.

Blurry Bugs on Water Bottle

Blurry Bugs on Water Bottle