Subject: Dead Head Flower Fly
Location: Hyde Park, London, England
October 21, 2013
Thank you Daniel. I was pretty sure I was forgetting something and glad you were able to find the Latin name.
Just realized I saw another Dead Head fly in London’s Hyde Park a couple weeks ago. This time a female who has a more pointed bottom. :~) as you’ll see with the additional pics I’m enclosing (it’s quite interesting how they work that illusion of a waspy waist).
I’ve been finding so many interesting bugs and I think it’s the flies I enjoy the most. They are so variable and seem to have such personalities. But there are several more I’ll share with you soon hopefully. Some are very, very tiny!

Dead Head Fly in London
Dead Head Fly in London

Hi again Curious Girl,
Thanks for sending us additional photos of a female Dead Head Fly,
Myatropa florea.  We are going to add this to your original posting as well as create a new posting.  Since we can only have one location per posting, your sightings in Portugal and London should be archived distinctly from one another.

Dead Head Fly from London
Dead Head Fly from London
Location: Hyde Park, London, England