Subject: Lack of Images
Website:
I must say that the new design is not user-friendly.  I type, for example, “small yellow bug” into the search field and only links come up.  I then have to click on every link to see an image.  Find myself using your site less and less.  So sorry to complain.  Anna Carreon
Signature: Anna Carreon

Monarch Caterpillar by Anna

Monarch Caterpillar by Anna

Dear Anna,
We are really sorry to hear that as you have been such a faithful contributor over the years.  We will bring this to the attention of our webmaster to see if we can return to the former way the search engine worked.  Our editorial staff doesn’t particularly like the way the search engine is currently working either, and we have taken to using google and selecting images after typing in what we want to find, followed by “whatsthatbug.com” if we want to search our own archives.  Again, thanks so much for your input and we will try to remedy this problem.

UPDATE:  July 27, 2013
We just learned the problem has been corrected.  Images are once again appearing when using the search engine.

3 Responses to Search Engine Problems Resolved!!!

1. Barbara says:

On the plus side, we can leave comments now.

2. Jordan says:

Hey this is somewhat of off topic but I was wanting to know if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML. I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding knowledge so I wanted to get advice from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated!