Subject: Tortoise Beetle?
Location: Baltimore, MD
I found this cute little guy on the side of my coffee mug. He looked like a drop of gold! I snapped a few photos, and when I scrolled in for a closer look I realized that the edges of his exoskeleton are actually translucent! Very beautiful insect!
Signature: Enchantedmama

Tortoise Beetle

Golden Tortoise Beetle

Dear Enchantedmama,
We have to admit that we were drawn to your submission because of your beguiling signature.  Thank you for submitting a wonderful photo of a Golden Tortoise Beetle,
 Charidotella sexpunctata. We hope you continue to be enchanted by the world of insects.

Location: Baltimore, Maryland

4 Responses to Golden Tortoise Beetle

1. Wow! What an amazing little bug. I want one. <3

2. Kim says:

Oct 2014 – Cape Town, South Africa
    Oh my gosh – I found a Golden Tortoise Beetle in my garden too. What a wonderful surprise – Like a little piece of fairy dust. Pure gold. Pure magic.

3. Alex says:

I found one of those on my bathroom wall , I live in North Carolina, Claremont it’s so pretty, I put in the area i live in because i was kinda wandering the range of the species.