Subject: It’s Bugging Me
Location: Eastern Sequoyah County, Oklahoma
I have always liked bugs… mostly the pretty ones, but I find them all interesting nonetheless. I have never seen this creepy little critter before and this year I have them all over my yard. They seem to especially like my mimosa tree. I live in eastern Oklahoma and I think I started noticing them around the beginning of June. I’ve asked several of my friends and none of them seem to know any more than I do!
Thanks for your help!
Barbie
Signature: Barbie

Wheel Bug Nymph

Wheel Bug Nymph

Hi Barbie,
This predator is an immature Wheel Bug.  We wonder what insects are coming to your mimosa to attract so many Wheel Bugs.  We suspect the mimosa may be in bloom and attracting pollinating insects.

Location: Sequoyah County, Oklahoma

2 Responses to Immature Wheel Bug

1. Haven’t seen the spiraling white fly or the pink mealy bug,real bad news here in Fl.

2. Julie Fidler says:

The first time I saw a wheel bug, I had no idea what it was and was tempted to touch its back. Very glad I enjoyed him from afar!