Subject: Imperial Moth
Location: NorthWest NJ
June 14, 2013 6:55 am
Hi, I found this amazing moth today, Friday, June 14, 2013 @ 8:07 a.m.. I believe it is an Imperial moth, are they common in NJ? It seems that his wings are very wet so he is unable to fly and it is a bit chilly out. Should I bring him indoors to dry out and warm up?
Signature: NikkiRu

Imperial MOth

Imperial MOth

Dear NikkiRu,
Was this shot in a cemetary?  We love your photograph, but we would recommend cropping it to include the top of the cross which would move the Imperial Moth out of the center of the frame.

Imperial Moth

Imperial Moth

Goid morning,
Actually both the cross and moth are in my backyard.  I will adjust the photo and resend later today for you.
Nicole

Imperial MOth

Imperial MOth

Thanks Nicole.  We added the new photo to the posting.  We never responded to your question about taking the Imperial Moth indoors.  Especially since she is a female who is most likely releasing pheromones to attract a mate, taking her indoors might not be the best idea.

Location: New Jersey