Subject: Green spider
Location: San Jose del Cabo, B.C.S., Mexico.
I live in a semi desertic area located in Los Cabos, Mexico, and found a spider i never seen before just outside my house. I want to know if its in any way harmfull as we appreciate bugs that arent a danger to us or our pets.
Signature: Luis Meza

Green Lynx Spider

Green Lynx Spider

Hi Luis,
This is a harmless Green Lynx Spider.  They are hunting spiders that do not spin webs to trap prey.  They blend in with foliage or sometimes hide in blossoms, and they pounce upon unsuspecting flying insects with amazing accuracy, often from a great distance.

Location: San Jose del Cabo, B.C.S., Mexico

One Response to Green Lynx Spider in Mexico

1. Luis Meza says:

Thank you very much for the quick response!, i will definilly take care of them. There was actually a huge infestation of white moths in the state last year, probably the spiders are the obvious natural counter meassures.

Last year you could see kilometers with plants totally covered of coweb of white moths, it was escandalous :/