Subject: Unusal request for a bug loving six year old
Location: Syracuse, New York
Hello there!!!
I’m a long time fan of your site and have submitted many photos in the past which you’ve generously shared. I have an unusual request that I hoped you’d be able to help me with. My best friend’s little girl Aayla is a budding entomologist. She loves all creatures great and small, in particular the small! Aayla is going through some tough times. She has a yet undiagnosted condition that affects her mobility. It’s getting harder and harder for her to move fast enough to keep up with the bugs and butterflies she loves. I set up a fundraiser for her family on GiveForward.com to help pay for much needed diagnostic testing, and I wondered if you’d be interested in sharing the link with your readership. I think it’s so important to support the love of the natural world in our young ones, and even if money is tight Aayla can benefit so much from the kind words and encouragement of fellow bug lovers. Even if you’re not able to share the link, maybe you could post the awesome photos I’ve attached to help lift her spirits! Thank you so much for your site and continued championship of the smallest among us!
Kindly,
Emily Rush
Here’s the link to Aayla’s fundraiser http://gfwd.at/10TtznU
Signature: Emily Rush

Aayla with Daddy Longlegs

Aayla with Daddy Longlegs

Dear Emily,
We are sorry to hear about Aayla’s mysterious situation.  We are posting your request and we feel confident that our readership will help to contribute to Aayla’s diagnosis and recovery.

Aayla and Katydid

Aayla and Katydid

Location: Syracuse, New York

2 Responses to Fundraiser for Aayla

1. Oh my gosh this is so amazing! Thank you thank you thank you for sharing Aayla’s photos and story! I’m crying right now 🙂