Subject: Casebearers in my bunny’s hutch
Location: Irvine, CA
April 8, 2013 10:08 am
They reappear every night. I sweep them up at about 10PM, see nothing the next day, and find them again the following night. I swept these up from the floor and surrounding area of my bunny’s hutch. I keep an eye on the spider webs in there, so I think they’re feeding off of her fur (she is shedding profusely due to the transition to warm weather). I’m thinking of sticking some ’natural remedies’ in there, since sweeping them up and cleaning the premises is not doing the job.
As per your request, here are photos of last night’s collection. You don’t have to post this letter if you don’t want to. I mostly just wanted to give you the context of the picture. The first is right after I swept them up. In the second, taken five minutes later, you’ll notice that they start piling on each other.
Signature: Fredericka

Panful of Casebearers

Panful of Casebearers

Hi Fredericka,
Thanks for sending us your photos of the Casebearer infestation you have in your bunny hutch.  The photos are much more effective than your descriptive comment to our posting of Casebearers eating a Dog Biscuit.

Case Bearing Moth Larvae

Case Bearing Moth Larvae

Location: Irvine, California