Subject: This was on my (supposedly) clean boxers
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Hey!
I creeped my mom out when I showed her a living version of what I had only seen exoskeletons of in my closet. It’s Springtime in Phoenix, AZ. It’s tiny, has segments, and a fuzzy tail. What is this?
Signature: Stephen

Carpet Beetle Larva found in Men's Boxers!!!

Carpet Beetle Larva found in Men’s Boxers!!!

Dear Stephen,
In our opinion, finding a Carpet Beetle Larva in your boxers is no measure of your hygiene habits, and the drawers being clean or dirty is irrelevant.  Carpet Beetle Larvae can be found in even the cleanest of homes and they are common cosmopolitan household pests that feed on a wide variety of organic materials found in homes.  This Carpet Beetle Larva is in the genus
Attagenus.  See BugGuide for a similar looking Carpet Beetle Larva.

Attagenus Beetle Larva

Attagenus Beetle Larva

Location: Phoenix, Arizona

6 Responses to He Has Carpet Beetle Larvae in his Drawers!!!

1. Dawn Ewing says:

Yep. They are everywhere. I wish I could get rid of them.

2. Kristen Follmar says:

How do you get rid of them naturally? I have them in a room with wood floors but find them I my laundry basket.

3. Anon says:

I vacuum vacuum vacuum and cannot get rid of these! I find them even in dressers of clean clothes! What else can I do? I feel like this is a curse.

• Bruno Gagnone says:

I just vacuumed out some of my heating vents and found a lot of them, this is where they could be hiding out until full grown