Subject: Yellow Salticidae
Location: Manglayang Mountain, West Java, Indonesia
Hello again Daniel,
I wanted to ask what kind of fat salticidae this is.
This funny fellow eat a grasshopper on a banana leaf, after that she move to a higher ground making out a bed out of her web then she fell a sleep.
Signature: Mohamad Idham Iskandar

Jumping Spider eats Grasshopper

Jumping Spider eats Grasshopper

Hi Mohamad,
We are not certain if we will be able to identify this lovely Jumping Spider in the family Salticidae to the species level, but we think your photographs are amazing.  We are posting them and perhaps we will have some time in the future to research additional information.

Jumping Spider

Jumping Spider

Thanks Daniel,
I’m also still trying to browse for more info of this salticidae, but still couldn’t find any suitable lead.

Update:  May 10, 2013
Thanks to a comment that this is Hyllus giganteus, we are able to link to matching photos at Reptile Forums and this video on UIOVN.

Location: West Java, Indonesia

6 Responses to Jumping Spider from Indonesia: Hyllus giganteus

1. Its a female Hyllus giganteus

2. Mohamad Idham Iskandar says:

Thanks Paul for the ID 🙂

3. Natalia says:

I found spider like this… I search at world wide but I just get this site which the spider I got days ago… I think it’s very special spider, because it’s motive like tiger… it catch other spider in its web, the prey’s body is as big as this tiger Salticidae, i have the picture, but I worry, it can’t reproduce because I don’t see another similar spider

4. Albert liu says:

Hello mohamad, i am curious if you can find more of Hylllus giganteus, i am interested in buying or trade some of my jumping spider with you. Thank you