Subject: Bug!
Location: Mansfield, Ohio
February 23, 2013 8:24 pm
Hi guys!
I apologize for sending my bug identification query with the wrong section of your site.
This is the insect; He has a one and a half inch or so thorax that is arrow shaped. His thorax is about a three quarters of an inch wide. His head is small and directly attached to his thorax. He has six legs. He has wings but doesn’t appear to be capable of sustained flight. They appear in all parts of the house but mainly around windows. His back area is brown but speckled with gray.
We live in central Ohio and have had these little visitors since mid fall until now (late winter.)
Thanks bug guys!
Aaron

Brown Marmorated Stink Bug

Brown Marmorated Stink Bug

Hi Aaron,
This is a very artful photograph of a Brown Marmorated Stink Bug.  If we ever do a calendar again, this would be a wonderful image of an invasive species that invades homes.  Ground Zero for this Asian species is suspected to be Maryland.  It was a Bug of the Month several years ago and we have numerous other postings on our site.  Just use our search engine to find all the Brown Marmorated Stink Bug postings.  BugGuide has wonderful information on the Brown Marmorated Stink Bug or Interstate Bug or Asian Stink Bug.