Subject: katydid probably
Location: Manglayang Mountain, West Java, Indonesia
February 21, 2013 4:42 am
Hello Daniel,
I met this guy on 04.17.2011 (photo 01) in the forest north of Bandung, West Java, Indonesia.
recently 02.17.2013 (photo 02) I met him again (Manglayang Mountain, West Java, Indonesia). I guess this one is a katydid but I’m not sure…
Signature: Mohamad Idham Iskandar

Katydid Nymph

Hi Mohamad,
All of your lovely photos are a wonderful way to introduce our readership to the insect fauna of Indonesia.  You are correct that this is a Katydid, but it is a nymph, and we doubt that we will be able to identify it to the species level, though it does remind us of North American Bush Katydid nymphs.  Your individual resembles this immature Katydid posted on Monga Bay.

Katydid Nymph

Thanks for the compliment Daniel :), but the real wonderful thing are whatsthatbug.com and all the staffs for their efforts to help people to know something amazing that they didn’t know, especially for me here in Indonesia where I hardly find someone who care about them (bugs).
World of insects always amazes me, colors, patterns, shapes, how they live… speechless…
Ohhh… last night I just got series of photos of a molting striped lynx spider… and I want to share it with whatsthatbug.com readers… after processing it though… 🙂
-Mohamad Idham Iskandar

Location: Indonesia